Harwich Museum

Ray Island (Parkeston Quay)

In the 1880s, reclaimed land that had been Ray Island was developed by the Great Eastern Railway Company (GER) as a railway depot for import/export trade with the European mainland.

The new port was named Parkeston Quay, after Charles Henry Parkes (1816–1895), Chairman of the GER. 

Tickets £ 3.50 each  (free for season ticket holders).

Save with our great value Season Ticket Adult £12.

Season Tickets are only available from Museum Reception and are valid until the end of the year.

During this period the holder may make unlimited visits to the Museum during public opening times. This also includes entry on special event days and talks.

The Season Ticket is not transferable.

Seats are limited so please book by emailing groupbookings@harwichmuseum.co.uk